IDEAL TEMP FURNACE REPAIRS
Expert Furnace Repair in Kansas City
Wondering if you can count on your furnace to last through the winter in Kansas City and surrounding areas is not the greatest way to certify a warm and happy winter. It’s not enjoyable to deal with a broken furnace or worry about future furnace repairs – so instead of expecting your furnace to fail after a large snowfall, let the team at Ideal Temp Heating and Cooling and their services ensure that your furnace is working at peak performance this time of the year.
Our specialists at Ideal Temp Heating and Cooling can resolve any problem. They are NATE-certified and equipped to tackle a range of furnace troubles. They have seen almost everything and have a great overall understanding of how to solve even the strangest of difficulties – and for any brand. That’s right, we can deliver repairs regardless of your furnace’s make or model! But our technicians also know that they do their greatest work when routine service is used and repairs are made quickly. Ideal Temp Heating and Cooling’s professionals provide fast and efficient furnace repair in Kansas City and surrounding areas that will leave you in excellent hands for the upcoming colder months.
Furnace Repair Tips
Here are a few furnace repair tips homeowners can use to help their heating and cooling systems operate properly:
Check to make sure that the thermostat is set in the HEAT position.
Make sure that the temperature setting on the thermostat is set HIGHER than the current indoor temperature.
Ensure that there’s power to the furnace:
- Try turning the fan to “ON” on the thermostat to test for power to furnace.
- If no action, reset the breakers at the electrical panel, especially if the thermostat is showing a blank reading.
Is there any air coming out of your vents?
- Check all return air grilles and registers. Make sure they are not blocked by furniture and are open and blowing air.
Check to see if your filter needs to be changed.
- They should be changed about once a month to ensure peak performance in your comfort system. When thinking about changing your filter don’t forget to include any time that there is a high volume of foot traffic.
- Holidays and times when doors will be open more often might require you change the filter more, as well as pet dander.
When Your Furnace Needs Repair
Home and business owners are usually unaware their furnaces are running. That’s how it should be. But if you notice any of the common signs professional repair is needed, reach out to Ideal Temp right away:
- Noise: If you hear unusual sounds, such as rattling, clicking, booming, chirping, or squealing, there’s likely a mechanical problem that needs to be fixed.
- Gas Odors: The smell of gas usually indicates a leak or serious malfunction. A gas smell is a dangerous warning sign; shut off the main gas valve and call an emergency repair professional.
- Flickering Lights: A furnace malfunction can be electrical in nature; if so, it might trip the breaker or cause the lights to flicker. Humming sounds can indicate electrical trouble as well.
- Flickering/Yellow Pilot Light: Possibly a sign of carbon monoxide emission.
- Cold Air: If the furnace blows cold air, it might have a dirty filter or major components may need repair. In any case, have a technician check it out.
- Rapid Cycling: When the furnace turns on and off too quickly, there’s often a thermostat problem; while this isn’t an emergency, it should be addressed soon rather than later.
- Dust: A greater amount of dust throughout your home can indicate you need furnace repair. Contact a professional if there are any changes.
- High Heating Bill: In some cases, you might not notice any of the above symptoms. If the furnace is faulty, it may be less efficient, which can cause your heating bill to spike.
CALL IDEAL TEMP
We can service various furnace parts, which can be addressed with repairs or a furnace tune up, including:
- Cracked heat exchanger
- Slipped/frayed blower belt
- Malfunctioning thermostat
- Worn out ball bearings
- Damaged limit switch
Financing Plans Available
Are you avoiding service because you fear the expense of furnace repair? Whether you need major repairs or it’s time to replace your furnace, Ideal Temp offers financing to help you afford the service you need. Our financing options are flexible so you can fit professional service into your budget and benefit from long-term solutions. We also offer tiered maintenance plans that include services such as furnace tune-ups, priority scheduling, and more.
To learn more or schedule repairs or electric or gas furnace maintenance, book your appointment online or call 816-720-7803 today.
Ideal Temp services all types of furnaces and heat pumps