Wondering if you can count on your furnace to last through the winter in Kansas City and surrounding areas is not the greatest way to certify a warm and happy winter. It’s not enjoyable to deal with a broken furnace or worry about future furnace repairs – so instead of expecting your furnace to fail after a large snowfall, let the team at Ideal Temp Heating and Cooling and their services ensure that your furnace is working at peak performance this time of the year.
Our specialists at Ideal Temp Heating and Cooling can resolve any problem. They are NATE-certified and equipped to tackle a range of furnace troubles. They have seen almost everything and have a great overall understanding of how to solve even the strangest of difficulties – and for any brand. That’s right, we can deliver repairs regardless of your furnace’s make or model! But our technicians also know that they do their greatest work when routine service is used and repairs are made quickly. Ideal Temp Heating and Cooling’s professionals provide fast and efficient furnace repair in Kansas City and surrounding areas that will leave you in excellent hands for the upcoming colder months.
Here are a few furnace repair tips homeowners can use to help their heating and cooling systems operate properly:
- Check to make sure that the thermostat is set in the HEAT position.
- Make sure that the temperature setting on the thermostat is set HIGHER than the current indoor temperature.
- Ensure that there’s power to the furnace:
- Try turning the fan to “ON” on the thermostat to test for power to furnace.
- If no action, reset the breakers at the electrical panel, especially if the thermostat is showing a blank reading.
- Is there any air coming out of your vents?
- * Check all return air grilles and registers. Make sure they are not blocked by furniture and are open and blowing air.
- Check to see if your filter needs to be changed.
- They should be changed about once a month to ensure peak performance in your comfort system. When thinking about changing your filter don’t forget to include any time that there is a high volume of foot traffic.
- Holidays and times when doors will be open more often might require you change the filter more, as well as pet dander.